More laboratories achieve SATRA accreditation
An increasing number of facilities are meeting the stringent requirements.
The SATRA Accredited Laboratory programme is recognised throughout the footwear and leathergoods industries worldwide, and plays an important role as a stamp of quality authority between parties doing business together down the supply chain, into the retail sector and on to the consumer. For example, manufacturers and material suppliers benefit from being able to present meaningful and accurate test data, and resourcing companies can achieve a more reliable evaluation of products and a general improvement in quality and fitness for purpose. Displaying a SATRA Accredited Laboratory certificate in a suitable location has proved to be a major selling point in helping to attract and retain customer orders.
In order to achieve the distinction of being a SATRA Accredited Laboratory, the facilities must undergo a rigorous auditing process, based on the ability to test to specific methods and standards. An in-house laboratory must be well controlled with clearly-defined responsibilities. Its quality system, equipment, environment and members of staff need to prove to be of a very high standard. Regular SATRA audits ensure an ongoing commitment to conscientious working practices.
There are currently 240 SATRA-accredited laboratories around the world. This figure includes the following 23 facilities that have recently been added to this select list:
- Caleres International Vietnam Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- DongGuan ZhanXu Innovation Industrial Co Ltd (China)
- Evatech Vietnam Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Foam Creations Mexico SA De CV (Mexico)
- Fu Jian Lei Feng Textile Co Ltd (China)
- Fuzhou BICANO Trading Co Ltd (China)
- Guangdong Petcher Footwear Ltd (China)
- Instituto Senai De Tecnologia EM (Brazil)
- Keyi Fujian Microfiber Co Ltd (China)
- Kim Viet Footwear Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Kuo Yuen Tannery (Vietnam)
- Long Fa Vietnam FVI-II (Vietnam)
- PT Shoetown Footwear Industrial Indonesia (Indonesia)
- Sadesa Thailand Co Ltd (Thailand)
- Sleen India Biz Venture PVT Ltd (India)
- Sun Jade International Footwear Ltd, SA (Dominican Republic)
- Taizhou Baolite Shoes Co Ltd (China)
- Texon Dongguan Non Woven Ltd (China)
- VMC Royal Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Xiangjiang Group (VN) Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Xingtailai Sports Products Ltd (Vietnam)
- Xing Ye Leather Technology Co Ltd (China)
- Yongzhou Yuanway Sports Shoes Co Ltd (China)
How can we help?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on SATRA Laboratory Accreditation.
This article was originally published on page 4 of the July/August 2021 issue of SATRA Bulletin.