More laboratories achieve SATRA accreditation
An increasing number of facilities are meeting the stringent requirements.
The SATRA Accredited Laboratory programme is recognised throughout the footwear and leathergoods industries worldwide, and plays an important role as a stamp of quality between parties doing business together down the supply chain, into the retail sector and on to the consumer. For example, manufacturers and material suppliers benefit from being able to present meaningful and accurate test data, and resourcing companies can achieve a more reliable evaluation of products and a general improvement in quality and fitness for purpose. Displaying a SATRA Accredited Laboratory certificate in a suitable location has proved to be a major selling point in helping an organisation to attract and retain customer orders.
In order to achieve the distinction of being a SATRA Accredited Laboratory, the facilities must undergo a rigorous auditing process, based on the ability to test to specific methods and standards. An in-house laboratory must be well controlled with clearly-defined responsibilities. Its quality system, equipment, environment and members of staff need to prove to be of a very high standard. Regular SATRA audits ensure an ongoing commitment to conscientious working practices.
There are currently 257 SATRA-accredited laboratories located in various countries around the world. This figure includes the following facilities that recently met the strict criteria involved and so have been added to this list:
- Athena Vietnam Footwear Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- BFD Global (Philippines)
- Chung Jye Tuyen Quang Vietnam (Vietnam)
- Cosmo Vietnam Ltd (Vietnam)
- D’Clase (Dominican Republic)
- Fortress International Co Ltd (Cambodia)
- Hsieh-Yi Vietnam Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Maincal SA (Argentina)
- Ningbo Jade International Co Ltd (China)
- Regis Company Limited (Vietnam)
- Sadesa Paycueros (Uruguay)
- Sadesa Planta Federico Meiners (Argentina)
- Sadesa Planta Lomas De Zamora (Argentina)
- Simona Tanning (Zhongshan) Co Ltd (China)
- Transasia Tan Tec Ltd (Vietnam)
- Vernon Industrial Y Commercial SA (Paraguay)
- Vietnam Leather, Footwear & Handbag Assc (Vietnam)
- Vietnam Rekay Co Ltd (Vietnam)
- Vinh Thinh Trading General Jointstock Co (Vietnam)
- Wenzhou Ruixing Shoes Co Ltd (China)
- Xiamen Suntech I&E Co Ltd (China)
- Yusung A-Tech Vina Co Ltd (Vietnam).
How can we help?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the SATRA Laboratory Accreditation programme.
This article was originally published on page 36 of the July/August 2023 issue of SATRA Bulletin.